Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Socks schmocks

I’ve just realized that half my flaming sock is inside out, and half is right side out. How the Mangle did I manage that?

I’ll be honest; I’m beginning to get down heartened at my rubbish knitting skills.

We didn’t win the pub quiz at our local last night, either. We did get a bottle of wine for our team name – “Like David Furnish, Britain has an aging Queen”.

Not our finest hour, I’ll admit but I did get to take the Pinotage home.

And Andy wasn’t on the Shops Robbers and Videotape thingy on BBC1 last night, not even the back of his head.

So it was a crappy evening and this morning isn’t working out much better. It’s nice to share, even if I’m sharing a foul mood!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Don't be disheartened. :-) Some things just "click" while others take a while - just keep on trying and you'll get there in the end. I've frogged this sleeve I'm knitting three times so far; I'm considering making a tank top instead!

Mouldydc said...

Thanks for the encouragement.
I have to keep reminding myself i'm only new at this!