Wednesday, April 12, 2006

No it wasn't flaming safe!

Right, back from the dentist with possibly the worst bedside manner I’ve ever encountered. What a mega meanie.

I had to have 5 (count ‘em, 5) injections in my jaw hinge. Now I feel like the Phantom of the Opera, cos I can only feel one side of my face and I’m very very hungry but can’t eat anything till the numbness goes away. That’s not “doctor”‘s orders, I’m just afraid I’ll chew my tongue off.

I’m comforting myself with the knowledge that tomorrow or Friday I will have a lovely Opal sock kit in dreamcatcher to occupy my time, and take my mind off the teeth.

All other projects are on hold, as it’s getting absurd. I counted it out and despite the fact that I have only been at this lark for 4 months or so I have 5 things OTN.

5. One of this week’s lottery numbers methinks. Speaking of the lotto, me and Andy won £10 on Saturday. That completely make up for the last 28 weeks where we haven’t won anything…

2 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Awww poor you! At least you have your soon to arrive sock kit to keep your spirits high.

Alice said...

I had to rip my first sock so many times, due to not understanding the actual "mechanics" of sock-knitting. It's really easy as long you understand the process (you'll see what I mean). If you have any trouble, go to my blog http://the knittingprincessandthepea.blogspot.com/ and there's a link in the sidebar, re knitting socks!