Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Is it safe...?

Not knitting related (don’t throw me off the webring, pplllleaeaaassee).

I’ve a dental appointment in T minus 1½ hours. I really don’t want to go. I’m not scared or anything, I just hate the way he disapproves of my lifestyle.

He doesn’t say anything, but the way he sighs when he tells the nurse – in code – what he’s looking at reminds me of how my parents would look and sigh at my report cards. They weren’t angry, just disappointed.

It’s not like I don’t brush my teeth, but I’m not exactly mad on flossing. And I do very much like red wine. And coffee. And just colouring my teeth in with black marker so I look a bit like a pirate. (I haven’t done that last one since I was at least 12… Promise).

I know I need to have a filling today, and some “professional cleaning” – which in my opinion is something that hired hitmen do – so I’ll be having injections and dribbling on the bus. Dentist is in Shepherd’s Bush, so at least I’ll fit right in.

Wish me luck, I’ll tell you all about it après lunch.

No comments: