Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Socks and Docs....

I spent Easter knitting. Andy was working all weekend – crime never sleeps after all.

So progress was made in the sock departmet. Slow progress, though I can see how so many people can become addicted! The cuff went smoothly, as did the heel making and shaping. But then we come to the gusset. Oh my.

Not only did my markers both fall off, (which I didn’t notice until I got back to where I thought they should be) therefore mucking up my decreases. I also sneezed and in that sneeze, yanked a dpn right out of the mix. I believe I replaced it without dropping any stitches, but only time will truly tell. This is my first sock, and one can only learn by doing as my Grandma may once have said in her lifetime. Which is still going strong. Keep it up Grandma!

Just to clarify, Andy’s a policeman, not a criminal.

I really wish I could put up pictures and circle the bits that have so clealrly gone awry but for now just use your imagination!

Next project in the planning stage is the pin and red hoodie in the Stitch n Bitch Handbook, although Rowan Kid Classic seems a bit pricey, considering I need 10 skiens!

--

I’m getting nervous about the show, I must admit. We’ve decided (by which I mean of course, The Director has decided) to put us in the All-England AmDram Championship. I don’t think it’s actually called that, but I can’t recall the correct name. I think that’s a very bad idea. My castmates and I are not bad, but we’re not all that either. After all, we’re some of the ones rejected from the Main Play!

--

I’ve applied for jobs at ITV and the RSPCA. I’m quite hopeful as I’m happily qualified to do both jobs, and my lovely best friend who currently works for ITV has written me a glowing reference and sent it directly to the person in charge of my potential department. It just goes to reinforce, it’s not what you know….

She’s a sweetheart, and I the evil sucky friend, missed her Hen Party because I had to work all hours for this company who have just decided to let me go!

There’s no justice in the world.

--

Oh, the Doctor is very much IN THE HOUSE. Enjoyed the episode on Saturday – very fun. I even prefer DT to CE if I’m honest. Looking forward to the werewolves next week and School Reunion the week after. Mapped out Saturdays. J

--

Weird dream update – last night I was Geena Davis’s PA in Commander in Chief, but all the West Wing staff were there, including the late Great John Spencer. Weird, happy/sad dream.

Ooops, back to work...

No comments: