Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Financial Dilemma

Silky Wool. I’ve been looking for it everywhere and couldn’t find it for love nor money (and I tried both).

Emailed the Coldsprings Mill people, as recommended by chums at Angel Yarns, and they replied that there was one cone of the colour I’m looking for avaiable.

It’s £20 for 800g. That’s phenomonally cheap if you ask me - but I only need 200g MAX, which would cost me £15.

So… do I buy HEUGE cone of yarn I don’t necessarily need for a bargainous price OR just the amount I need for a slightly inflated price?

It should be an obvious answer, but my OH is really annoyed with the amount of cash I’m spending on things I don’t finish. L

Help, advise, but please don’t call the Mill and buy it!

Mould

xxx

3 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Easy - buy it and sell what's left on eBay or on the forum!!!! You may get more back than you paid for it

Kate said...

Listen to your auntie! Or put a call out for anyone else who wants to knit the shawl and go halves on the cone. £20 is a BARGAIN, though.

Mouldydc said...

You're both very right....

I'm going to go for it.