Monday, June 12, 2006

Afternoon!

So I finally BO the front of Under the Hoodie. It is quite pretty. If PINK.

I’m starting the back, and I’ve realized that I didn’t note any of the rows! I pretty much did them to pattern, but I get easily and fatally distracted from things. I guess as long as the middle stripey areas match up, I will be okay.

I’ve also got hedera and an Opal sock wip, but they are wipping very very slowly!

My summer Grass bag. Oh, The Saga that is my summer Grass bag. Right now it is two sides and a half a strap, and I know that I am never going to make it up because of all the sewing. I’ve not even considered what the lining is going to be! The odd thing is, I don’t mind. The Grass Bag, whilst being my nemesis, is also reassuring in a weird way. I think everyone has that one thing in the back of their crafty areas that they started with complete vigor, but which is now half complete, abandoned and unloved.

It makes me feel like a proper knitter.

I’m on a stash famine for a while because I genuinely spend far too much money on yarn that I don’t use. I must finish the 4 wips I have and then find something to do with a whole horde (nothing like a proper stash though) of spare bits of various yarns. I’m thinking knits for charity – like the ones where you send off squares, or strips, or little baby hats. Worthwhile while at the same time creating room for the eventual gorging on sock yarn.

Much love.

x

No comments: