Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What's with all the Chrismassy?

I’m singing Christmas songs… like that one about “dahdahdadah dahdahdadah dahdadadah dahdadadah DADADADDAH DAH DAHDADAH songs of a merry Christmas...”

I don’t know. Maybe it’s the greyness, maybe it’s the gifts arriving in the post for other people. Maybe it’s that I just noticed our corner shop still has baubles hanging from the ceiling. Who knows.

Something I do know is that I think Veronica Mars is a brilliant show – although, I’ve never actually seen it. My opinion is purely based on reading snarky recaps on TWoP. But they surely know their stuff.

I was late for work again today. When you don’t really know where your job stands it starts to get a little lower in your life priorities. Like not as important as knitting a couple of rows before work… and then realizing it’s 8.15 and you’ve got to get 2miles in 15 minutes. Without running. Or walking too fast.

It’s a shame I don’t have a bike, because then I would have another way to be late for work. I couldn’t ride my bike in London anyway – drivers and pedestrians are all nutters. All.

The couple of rows before work were part of Hedera – the socks from Knitty. Only thing is, I put them down and then can’t remember if I’m on a 1 or 3 row. It’s already pretty ballsed up I think – every single time. This is like the third attempt and I always get about an two and a half inches in, get distracted and then lose it. I should use a row counter, or engage my brain.

I looked at the Prince’s Trust website yesterday. I’m really eager to open a yarn shop. I don’t know if it would be a raving success (there doesn’t seem to be many sheep in the West London area, so local wool could be rare!) but if I had the capital I really would think about it.

And obviously hire people that can finish a sock without all the hideous confusion!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey there - just stumbled upon your blog. I think it is such a wonderful dream to open a knitting shop - could that be because it's my dream too ! You should definately do it if you can - Loop is madly popular and there is definately a need for more knitting shops in London - John Lewis has just downsized and frankly where else do you go apart from old stinky post offices selling acrylic - I say GO FOR IT !

Becky x